Monday, June 25, 2007

What I'm Up To...

A couple of years ago, Nicole (aka my biggest blog stalker) gave me a recipe book that you add your own recipes to. I've been collecting recipes & storing them in my 'Where's Mom Now That I Need Her' book that my mom gave me when Andrea & I moved out 12 years ago...yikes! :) Last summer, I began transferring recipes into my book, but never finished. So yesterday, I decided it was time. I organized all of my recipes, got rid of the ones I've kept for years and never done anything with & went for it. I'm not finished yet, but the end is in sight. While I did all of this organization I baked 2 loaves of banana bread & made pizza dough for the homemade pizzas we had last night. Yummm...

The task at hand

Saturday night, Amanda & I played. We had a lovely dinner of garden burgers & salad - then we went shopping. I came away with this adorable cloth purse. I love it. After our successful shopping adventure - we headed to my church for a fireworks show. It was very fun but a little chilly. After the fireworks, we decided to rent 'The Holiday.' If you have not seen it yet, I recommend it. I watched it again last night with Tim & I may watch it one more time before we have to take it back on Thursday. :)

The new cute purse


This week at church is VBS so I'm helping out with that in the mornings. Today was the first day & it was a very fun adventure. I'm looking forward to the rest of the week. Well, I'm off to the gym. I love summer...
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Fun, fun, fun!! I love the purse, please share more details ... like where did you get it? ;). And second, was it free? So much for your not spending ... I think Amanda is a bad influence :P.

And we had homemade pizza last night ... YUM!! Way better than garden burgers & salad ;).

Happy week to you!

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Oh and yes, the Holiday is so fun, isn't it? Loved it!

What movie are we going to see? Have you seen Catch & Release? I was going to get it next from Netflix for our chick movie night ;).

Kelly said...

I agree with Andrea - more purse details please!

I too like The Holiday. However my review for Catch & Release is just an - eh. It was okay. The main guy does have weird teeth though.

Have fun at VBS! It's nice of you to help even though you spend so much time with kids. Most of the teachers in our church decided to take a break this year.