Sunday, June 10, 2007

Dad's Graduation

This weekend after 25+ years of wanting to accomplish a goal, my dad graduated from college. Tim & I flew to Boise on Friday night but of course our plane was delayed, so we didn't get into town until 12:15 am. Andrea was thrilled. She picked us up anyway and away we went to their house, our home away from home. We stayed up until around 1:30ish getting settled & chatting a little, mostly yawning. Thanks again you guys for letting us stay with you - we greatly appreciate you & your hospitality!!

Saturday morning, we were awakened by a very small boy named EE. He loves to be the alarm clock and came in all bright & shinny ready to roust us out of bed for the day. 'What yous guys doin' here again?' he asked. :) Maybe we're overstaying our welcome...

Mark, Laura, & Mia came to the house to follow us over to the graduation ceremony which was held at BSU in the Jordan Ballroom. When we arrived, my Mom, Nana, cousins, uncle, grandad, & Nellie were waiting to greet us. We settled in for this much anticipated event & had cameras ready. My dad has worked very hard especially over these last few years to complete his degree from George Fox University while working full time, moving several times, building a house, & keeping up with the governor's ranch.

He double majored in Project Management & Management and Organizational Leadership and graduated magna cum laude. We are SO PROUD of you dad - congratulations on this fantastic accomplishment!

After graduation, we spent the afternoon/evening hanging out with our family. It was a wonderful time (although too short) & Tim's parents were able to come join us for that time too. We are very blessed to have such loving caring families, thank you for a very pleasant weekend!

My Proud Dad

Proud daughters with the graduate

My family

Me & My Sis
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Erin said...

Congrats to your dad!
Hilarious little comment from Ethan!
oh, and that pic of you and Laura is amazing! Hot mamas...well, one hot momma and one hot teacher!

Anonymous said...

How awesome for your dad! He looks so happy! And what a beautiful family you have!

Unknown said...

yeah Dad!! Can I get a woop woop? =)

Kelly said...

How great for your dad! He does look so very proud!
I love that picture of you and Laura with your dad! You guys look great!
I like Ethan's thoughts on you being there...again. :) That kid is so funny!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you dad! What a great accomplishment! That is a good pic of your family. You all look so good!

Bethany said...

Yeah for your Dad!! So glad you could all be there to cheer him on, but bummed you weren't here long enough to visit :(

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Well apparently I have a comment stalker that knows when I comment on other blogs, but not hers ...

Hmmm ...

I really do love all of those pictures and your dad's face says it all. Such a big thing for him, I'm glad he can finally check off that life goal. Woop Woop!!

And I knew you and Laura would look so cute in a photo together. That is a great shot!

Will you get off my back know?!?! :P

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your dad! I love the pictures..you all look good!