Friday, June 29, 2007

Spinach Manicotti

Last night for dinner I made a favorite from my college days. Erin was always our chef during college & made this delightful dish many a times. So...last night I thought I'd give it a whirl. It turned out well if I do say so myself & was very pretty too! It made TONS so Tim & I will be enjoying it for days to come. Here is the recipe if you'd like to try it.


Delish!!

Spinach Manicotti
1 package frozen spinach
16 oz. ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cups mozerella (or 1 C mozerella 1/2 C parmesan)
1 egg
fresh herbs (basil, oregano, thyme)
salt & pepper to taste
2 C homemade spagetti sauce or 1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 package manicotti shells

Thaw & drain spinach. Boil noodles according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350. Mix spinach, cheeses, egg, herbs & spices. In an 11X 13 baking dish spread layer of sauce (I made my own using tomato paste & spices). Stuff shells with spinach cheese mixture. Lay stuffed shells in dish & top with sauce. Sprinkle mozerella or parmesan over top. Bake for 40-45 minutes.

Enjoy!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Erin said...

Hey, that's my recipe!!
Isn't it the best?
YUM!

Kelly said...

Mmmm, that sounds good. I have a similar recipe that I haven't made in forever. I don't think I could put spinach in front of Garrett without hearing A LOT of complaining.

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Mmmm ... Looks very good. Way to go missy!! And wow, those shells looked like they were "stuffed" professionally ;).

Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

You're dinner looks wonderful! I've just started blogging and love it...stop by hoodenpyle.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Can you help me differentiate between the salad and the manicotti?