Friday, June 15, 2007

New Found Freedom...

Okay people, my day has finally come. I'm officially on summer vacation (& there was much rejoicing)! Hooray!!

I've been quite productive in my classroom these last two days without children (although I was a little sad to see them go - they really are a joy to work with). My room is clean, tidied, & ready for another year...after a few months of course! I even did my lesson plans for the first 2 weeks of school so I wouldn't have to worry about that when I return. Thank you Susan for teaching me that neat-o, bandit-o trick.

So now on with my summer. I officially began vacation today with a massage. I think I should go back next week for a follow-up appointment. Tim disagrees.

Then I ran a few errands & went home to take a nap. Yes, I said nap. It's the first one of the new summer season. It fits me nicely. Tim called & awakened me from said nap - he even accused me of napping. I informed him it's not called napping when you're on vacation - it's called 'daytime obligation'.

When Tim got home, we were off to 'Red Rob Bob'. Yumm. Then into Target for some coffee pods for our new Senseo. I've got to tell you - this coffee pot is pretty cool. I had my first cup of it tonight...while I wept as I watched The Notebook. Good grief that movie melts my heart.

And now, here I am blogging. How great is that? Hello summer vacation.

2 comments:

Erin said...

daytime obligation, shmaytime obligation...that's what I have to say!
Oh and how come your fantabulous chat with your heat suffering friend in AZ did not appear on your list of vacation activities....hmmmmm???
smooches!

Anonymous said...

Summer vacation...I miss those!! Enjoy!