Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Taco Soup


I made Taco Soup for dinner last night. I cut the recipe in half & it still made enough for 4 more meals!! My friend from school gave me the recipe - Tim & I really liked it so here it is if you'd like to try it:

Taco Soup

2 lbs. burger (I used turkey)
2 cans corn
2 cans diced tomatoes (I used blanched/frozen from our garden this summer - yay!!)
2 cans kidney beans
8 oz. tomato sauce
3 pks taco seasoning (I used salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder instead)
1 onion, chopped
1 small can diced chili peppers
6-8 Cups water

*Brown meat, then add all ingredients. Reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 30-45 minutes. Add tortillas, cheese, and sour cream to garnish. Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds (and looks) delishious. I think Jeff would love that. I am going to give it a try, thanks for sharing!

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Mmmm ... look at you little "Miss it's cold outside and I don't have to work today so I'm going to be all Domestic" ... I'm going to have to try this one, but tonight we're having Baked Potato Soup ... YUM!!!

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

What? You're back at school so you can post? Twiddling my thumbs over here! ;).