Sunday, January 21, 2007

Peace

As many of you know, we left our church of six years this fall for several reasons. We sensed that God was nudging us to move on, so we decided to just check out other churches in the area to see if there were any that we liked better. After six months of looking, visiting lots of churches, lots of discouraging Sundays, and a few tears, we've found a church that we would like to pursue making our new church home.

We first visited Bethany Baptist in November. We tried several others afterwards & decided this week we wanted to go back & try again (the first time we went their pastor was on sabbatical). We went this morning & talked with the pastor right away, who by the way, I knew from my youth group days in ID - he was one of the youth pastors in the valley & even remembered me - small world. We met several people this morning & were invited to the pastor's house tonight for a 'new comers dessert'. We decided to go, and had a lovely time this evening with the pastor, his wife, and several other couples that are new to the church. He answered our questions, gave us information about the church, & we even had yummy dessert. :)

My heart is overflowing with joy tonight as I think about this new church family that we may be fellowshipping with. Tim has said that he too is pleased with what we know of the church so far & would like to start attending there with the intention of staying. I don't think I knew how badly I wanted a new church family until tonight when I realized that this may be just the place for us. I think our long search is finally over. What a great start to the week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That great! It is so hard to find a church you can call home but when you do it is such a blessing!

BTW, I am by NO MEANS offended that my name was taken off the blog roll. I was totally just kidding in my last comment. It really doesn't make sense to list it only to have people stopped by a password. I just hope YOU continue to visit! :)

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Oh wow ... that makes my heart so happy for you. And look at you jumping in with both feet and going to the dessert!! Pastor Beddoe was visiting this morning and talking about Bethany Baptist. Pastor Baker is on the board of Baptist Network Northwest (our joint association). So glad you're at one of our sister churches!! Ahhh, this is just so great!!

Bethany said...

With a name like that, it's gotta be great ;)

Hope you feel at home in no time.

Kelly said...

Bethany was our church when we were in Salem!!! We loved it and miss it still! There are so many great people at that church and I know it's changed a lot since we moved back here but we still keep in touch with some of them. I'll email you! I'm so excited for you!