Sunday, May 06, 2007

Weekend Wrap...


I thought I should start this post with some spring fun that's happening around my house. This week, my dearest Erin sent me a surprise package. She made me a little board book of photos from Disneyland. So adorable!! It is a perfect little memoir from our vacation. Erin is so thoughtful & creative - I love you Erin!!

The other fun pictures are from my backyard - my Clematis is blooming & is gorgeous! I love this plant. We planted it last year on the green trellis & it will be needing a new home soon as it's almost twice as big as the green trellis. Nice problem to have. I am enjoying our flowers & yard so much already. I love spring & summer.

This weekend was concerts galore. We had our final Willamette Master Chorus concerts of the season. We performed Carl Orff's Carmina Burana. A fantastic work that we've done before - very challenging to sing & SO SO cool. I was asked to conduct the children's choir for this performance so my kids along with some other kids in the district have been working together on this. We had a 2 hour dress rehearsal Friday night (the kids were so great for this length of time) & then two performances, one last night & our final one today. Being the conductor & singing was extra challenging but very rewarding, I LOVED it. This is the kind of stuff I live for - weird I know, but I just love it! The kids sang very well & were well behaved, all 35 of them! I will sleep well tonight!! In fact, bed seems like a good option right now - g'night!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Sounds like a good (and exhausting) weekend ... I didn't call because I knew you'd either be singing or napping ;).

Mine was a crazy Saturday and then much needed rest on Sunday.

Lovely little flowers there ... my one complaint, we need bigger pictures lady ... I have to squint to see them ;).

Happy New Week!

Anonymous said...

That little Disney vacation album is so cute. What a nice gift!

Bethany said...

Cute album! Beautiful Clematis! We're doing major landscaping this summer and I have a place saved for a clematis... they are so pretty!

Kelly said...

I think I've come by three times to leave a comment but something or should I say a little someone keeps needing my attention. Anyway, that little album is really cute! Such a fun mail surprise! And your flowers are really pretty. I always love clematis is other people's yards but then forget about it when we go to plant stuff. Maybe I'll go get some this weekend while I'm thinking about it. :)