Friday, May 04, 2007

Friday Fun Facts...

Wow - has it really been 5 days since my last post? I had better intentions of blogging this week than actually happened, I guess.
What a week. In my last post, I commented on how quiet the house was. It was just me & the kitties for a few days, while Tim was out of town. I was a lonely girl, but luckily I had lots of extra school activities to keep me occupied while he was away. And...a couple of people to call me regularly to check in with me - thanks you guys (well, girls actually).

You may have seen on Andrea's blog that she likes this magazine. I saw it this week on the magazine stand in the store, so I picked one up (Tim wasn't there to tell me 'no'! - He LOVES it when I spend money on magazines...). :) I read it while on the tread mill at the gym this week & I'm hooked! So, so fun. If you haven't already checked it out - do so!!


And for the update on the sweater. Here's the story...when Andrea was here we started the sweater at the same time. We were careful to wait for each other as we completed rows to stay together & see how far we could get. 5 rows...at 5 rows I decided to double check to make sure I hadn't twisted it. I know better - I was sure it was fine. It was twisted. So I rechecked. Still twisted. One more check. Twisted. Passed to Andrea. She gave me the sad nod...twisted. Blast it - so I pulled out 3 hours of work. While she was at the beach, she knitted up a storm. I on the other hand, did not. When she came back last weekend, I re-casted on (is that a phrase?) & am now proud to say that I'm on row 12. Only 20 behind Andrea. And guess what?!?! It's not twisted...

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Seriously I have never heard of that magazine! Hmmmm....

I love that color you picked out for the sweater! Can't wait to see it finished.

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Yea for Blueprint! It really is so fun ... a little bit of everything. Glad you splurged a little and that you think of me when you read it ;).

Good work on the sweater .. if it makes you feel better I think I've completed maybe 10 rows in the almost 10 days I've been home ... knitting while on vacation is so much more productive ;).