Monday, May 28, 2007

Surprise, Surprise!!!

About a month ago, Matt called & asked if we could come to ID to surprise Andrea for her 30th birthday. So...we booked a flight & I have kept this secret the entire time. (Good job, Jessie). A few lies later, leading Andrea to believe we were off to Black Butte this weekend, we boarded a plane.
Of course, our flight was delayed on Friday night & I was having a fit. We weren't going to get into Boise until 11:00 pm & I knew that Andrea would see right through Matt's 'lie' to get him out of the house to come get us. I'd all but given up on surprising her.
Luckily for me, Matt is a great liar & she believed him when he said he had to run to a friend's house & would be back late. He told her when he got home, she could come see her surprise in the garage. So...we pulled into the garage (11:30 pm) & he went into the house to get her, we were to wait in the car. Tim was in the front seat & I climbed from the back towards the front so I could see her face when she opened the door. When she came out she only saw Tim. She was confused & said 'Tim, what are you doing here?'. I was peeking through next to Tim - but decided to just get out of the car & ran over to her. It was a perfect surprise. We stayed up until 1:00 am chatting, then decided we should go to bed for our day ahead of us.

Saturday morning, we went to the Farmer's Market. Due to some unfortunate circumstances, we had to leave shortly after we arrived, but we all made it home safely. At Andrea's house that afternoon we painted toes, played with Ethan, chatted with the neighbor, & even went to visit my parents where Andrea met the governor. He even offered her a cold beer for her birthday. :)

That evening, it was time for surprise #2. Andrea thought we were all heading for PF Changs for dinner. Not so much...

Matt blindfolded her in the car, drove around a lot & we ended up at Idaho Pizza Company where 20 members of her family & friends were waiting to surprise her. We had our own 'party room' & it was fantastic. Matt did a great job of completely knocking her socks off with this surprise. The food was great, it was so good to see everyone, & everybody had a great time. (Except Claire when the loud party poppers went off - poor baby!). Here are some pictures of our weekend. Happy, Happy Birthday Andrea - I love you!!

My Andrea & I

Andrea in the car...




Party time!

Matt & Andrea

Quick strawberry update: When we returned home, we found two more delicious strawberries ready to eat. Yumm...

And...be sure to come back later this week for the next post #100!! There will be prizes involved...
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I was so happy to see you this weekend! And even happier that you were able to surprise Andrea. Can't wait to see you in July!!

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you ... you're a wonderful birthday present!!

So happy you could join in on this and make it such a special day for me! I think I'll even forgive you for cutting my first Farmer's Market of the season so short ;).

Loves!

Anonymous said...

What a fun surprise! How nice of you to come in for that. Sounds like you guys had a great weekend!