Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Wednesday Ramblings

OK, here's a new post - but I'm not sure I have any exciting things to share so prepare yourselves for some ramblings...

Things on my mind regarding school:

1. The recorders are coming - the RECORDERS are coming...That's right it's that time of year when I suffer - I mean teach - recorders to my 4th & 5th graders. They are thrilled about it, I'm reaching for the Advil. Tomorrow I'm off to purchase 95 instruments for the kids.

2. I have a program in a couple of weeks with 100 darlings & I'm feeling the pressure.

3. Grades are due next week for 500 kids - fun.

4. Weekly lesson plans seem to be tough to come up with lately for my semi-weekly classes.

5. 3 choirs on top of all of this - keeping them singing fun stuff & holding their interest is a little challenging these days...


We did have a 2 hour delay this morning due to weather - so I was able to accomplish a lot. Still have tons to do, but that is usually the case.

Tim made a delish dinner tonight. We had a salmon pasta bake with steamed asparagus. Yumm!! I'm currently drinking some tea & getting ready to hit my warm snuggly bed.

Happy Wednesday to you!

2 comments:

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Yea ... you did surprise me with a new post ... although (and here comes the snarky-ness you've come to expect) I'm not sure why I'm posting a comment here ... I'm pretty sure you haven't commented on my last TWO posts ... I mean why bother anymore? :).

Happy you had a yummy dinner ... nice and light after a good work out.

We on the other hand indulged in major warm comfort food ... My delicious chili and hot buttery pretzels. I will be trying to work off 1/80th of those calories today!

Kelly said...

Ha ha! Those darn pretzels Andrea! We had them for dinner Saturday night. My mom told me that doesn't count as dinner. I told her she must try them before making that statement. :)
Jessie - recorders? That gives me a headache just thinking about it! Sounds like things are a tad stressful for you this week. The weekend is here. Treat yourself to something sweet & caffienated from Starbucks! :)