Monday, February 12, 2007

Mom's Weekend Visit

This weekend my Mom came to visit us. My sister dropped her off at my school around noon on Friday & she spent the rest of the day at school with the kiddos & me, then we went out on the town. We had dinner at 'Red Rob Bob' (as EE refers to it) and then went & did a little shopping.

Saturday morning we went to a ladies brunch at our new church. It was very nice & so much fun. I loved having my mom there with me at this special event. And if it wasn't already so neat, I also won a door prize! So cool. :) The rest of the afternoon we shopped a bit, took a nap, & relaxed.

Sunday morning we went to church, came home & Tim made us a yummy lunch with waffles, eggs, and turkey bacon. We then took another nap (it was the theme for the weekend) and went to Craft Warehouse to look around. Sunday night, we took Mom back up to Laura's house & it was very fun to get to visit with all of them for a while. It's been almost a month since I've seen Laura & my nieces, that doesn't happen very often (thank goodness).

Nellie did not want to go to sleep, so I begged Laura to let me go into Nellie's room (where she was special requesting 'Aunt Jessie' - how could I resist?) & I sang her 'You Are My Sunshine'. As I sang to her, she joined in & stared into my eyes the whole time we sang together. Then I kissed her goodnight & she stayed down for the night. Precious.






My Mom & Me



My Mom pestering me - can you imagine?!?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, you look just like your mom in that picture! And I can definitely see her pestering you, I remember that about your mom :) What a precious moment with you neice, what a special memory!