Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Happy Love Day...

Happy Valentine's Day!! I love this day (no pun intended) because of the extra fun we allow ourselves to have, the time we take to tell those around us that we love them, and the chocolate of course! :)

My students have been bringing me valentine's all week. They are so cute - several of them have been hand made too which makes them extra special. Today I was teaching a class when 2 small kiddos wondered in...they looked almost lost (I was teaching a class of 5th graders at the time). I saw the love notes in their hands & directed them to my cute valentine box that another classroom made for me to hold my valentine's in.

We are also going to reveal our secret pals tomorrow morning. It's a tradition at our school to do secret pals at Valentine's Day instead of Christmas. We started last Thursday & it's so much fun to give the gift & find out later that you helped brighten someone's day. I've also received many nice little gifts. Today I got a Starbucks card & 2 Valentine pencils.

I'm being the secret pal for one of our school secretaries. I was brave yesterday & brought her a coffee from Starbucks & handed it right to her, claiming her secret pal had asked me to deliver. It was so fun to do that because I got to see her face light up over her treat - what fun!!

I don't know who has my name this year - but they've been great - here's the rundown so far:

Thursday: Pink Tulips
Friday: Nicolas Sparks book - 'The Wedding'
Monday: A bag of kisses & an apple ;)
Tuesday: Starbucks card & 2 Valentine pencils
Tomorrow....the reveal...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids are so cute on Valentine's Day. I really miss making my little mailbox and spending hours pondering what to write to the boy(s) I had a crush on. Sounds like your secret pal has you pegged :)

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Oh boy ... I wish I had a cute box with love notes being delivered. Defintley a perk of being a teacher, still getting to enjoy that magic ;).

And what a fun idea to do Secret Pals around Valentine's Day ... they do have you figured out pretty well!

Enjoy your day!

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Okay, I want to know ... who was it? Post the big reveal for us ;).

Kelly said...

I didn't get to comment on your last post so I'll start with that. I'm glad your mom was able to spend some time with you. That second picture of you guys looks very familiar! :)
What fun to do secret pals at Valentine's Day instead of Christmas! So what was the reveal...