Friday, February 02, 2007

A 1/2 Birthday For Me...

That's right, 6 months until my real birthday. Tonight we went to Corvallis to visit Nicole (my most faithful lurker) & she had made me a 1/2 birthday cake!!! How great is that? Chocolate cake with sprinkles, what more could a girl ask for? This picture was taken on my cell phone & Tim magically transported it to my blog - fun, no?

In college I use to throw 1/2 birthday parties. One year I invited several friends over & my roommate at the time (another one of my most faithful lurkers, Erin) came along behind me and un-invited everyone. She told them not to come over, that we weren't having a party, and not to encourage such non-sense. They came over anyway. :) We had cupcakes, drank glasses 1/2 full of milk/water & they sang 1/2 of 'Happy Birthday' to me. Since then, I've received numerous 1/2 cards for different friends (& my spouse), halves of presents that I get the other half of on my real birthday, & other silly acts of kindness. What fun.

I encourage all of you to embrace your 1/2 birthday & enjoy an extra celebration each year (but with only 1/2 the fun of course)....

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

We do half birthdays here too. Well for the kids anyway. :) This year on Garrett's (January 4) when I told him he was halfway to 5 and he said "That means I go to school soon doesn't it?" I said yes and then he started to cry and said "But I just want to stay with you forever. Can you just be my teacher?" Oops, that kind of backfired. Happy 1/2 Birthday! 6 more months til the big 3-0! :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....1/2 birthday nonsense again! Please stop encouraging her everyone! Tsk, tsk, Nicole! Pretty soon we'll be going half way to Price is right on Feb. 2!

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Hmmm ... a half birthday? What's that? I've never gotten a present, a cake, a card or even a call for that matter on my half birthay ... clearly this honor is reserved for Princess Jessie? Hmmmppppff ... Sad, so sad, 11-24 has come and gone ... with nothing more than some dry turkey to celebrate with.

Bethany said...

How fun! You really are spoiled... isn't it great!?