Sunday, February 25, 2007

Our Weekend

What a fun (super busy) weekend we've had! :) Our Friday night began with our good friends Ben & Amanda. We went to dinner at Red Robin (my fav) & then Amanda & I took a detour to Target while the boys came home & played on the Wii.

Saturday morning, Tim & I went to the gym where he taught me how to play 'Squash'. It's like Raquetball only a little more intense. Even as I type, I'm sore. :) After Squash we meet up with Amanda & went to Starbucks, then headed to Silverton to that fabulous yarn store I told you about last weekend. Tim is currently working on designing a new website for them, so when it's up & running I'll give you the site address. After we played out there a little bit we came home & prepared for the troops. Laura, Nellie, & Mia came over in the afternoon & the games began. Nellie is now in preschool & doing so well. Mia is a complete crack-up. Her speech is clearing up & she can almost say my name crystal clear, which is a little sad because I've been 'yethie' for a while now & I love it.

We had a wonderful time playing hide & seek, coloring, going to the bathroom, watching Veggie Tales, running around the house, painting nails, and cutting hair. We even had time to make homemade pizza! Here's a photo of Nellie helping Uncle Tim with dinner preparations.



Mia was very helpful from the livingroom sofa. :)

When they left last night Nellie asked me 4 times if I could come home with them. I almost did - what a sweetie.

Today was church, followed by a nap, and then an Oscar party. It's been a very fun weekend, but I need one more day to get all of my other things done - although I'm happy to report the laundry is done & the house is clean. Basically, I just want a day to sit around. Ah well, maybe next Saturday.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Very fun weekend in deed ... Red Rob Bob, SB, Knitting ... Ahhh, the only thing better would have been doing it with me!! ;).

Thanks for sharing the fun-ness and the sweet pictures ... that Mia, she's such a dainty little flower of a girl isn't she ... LOL!!

Bethany said...

This may make you love Claire even more... she LOVES Red Robin as well. All the noise, lights, balloons, kids and of course, the Robin. She's in heaven there :)
And speaking of "Yethie", remember when you were Bessie? I'll always be your Wethwee. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I bet Laura's kids just love coming over to your house.

BTW, your laundry room looks great! I love that vertical strip.

Kelly said...

Fun weekend! I love reading about all your activities and knowing exactly where you're talking about. That Red Robin and Target were a favorite spot of mine. :) I love Silverton! My best friend from college & I used to skip class and go to Silver Creek Falls and now she lives in Silverton so I've gotten to know the town a little better. You almost make me miss it there...almost. :)