Sunday, March 04, 2007

Sunshine!

This weekend began with cold rain. By Sunday, however, it was a balmy 64 degrees and sunny!! I love the sunshine. So do my new flowers. The Crocus' are in full bloom with Tulip and Daffodils getting ready to pop - I can't wait!! Here are some photos from our front yard this afternoon...






Weekend wrap: On Friday night (wow that seems like a long time ago!) we went to our good friends' Tom & Mary's house. They have been away on vacation, so it was great to see them & catch up.

Saturday Nicole came over & we trekked to Portland. Our first stop was in the Hollywood Dist. meeting Laura, the girls, & Mark at a theatre for the Veggie Tales movie 'Moe and the Big Exit'. It was a very cute movie & the girls LOVED it. Very fun. Then we dropped the girls off to meet Grandma & Grandpa who were going to take them overnight. Laura, Nicole, & I had lunch, went to the beauty supply, visited one of Laura's friends, and went back to Laura's house for brow waxing & nails. What a day filled with girlish fun!! Nicole & I left in the early evening & met up with Tim for dinner. It was a wonderful day filled with lots of love, laughing, and froofy pleasure. :) Saturday night, I got down to business. I cleaned (and I mean CLEANED) our house. I did the jobs this weekend that I normally put off: cleaning the showers, wiping out cabinet drawers, cat boxes, cleaned the oven (inside & out), toilets, both bathrooms, changed sheets, etc., etc. Whew! I was ready for bed!!

Sunday Tim surprised me with breakfast in bed. He got up early & made homemade pancakes with fresh real maple syrup. It was a perfect beginning to our day. This afternoon we picked up our new floors that are going to be installed this week - so excited for that!! We also did some grocery shopping, I finished the book I was reading, and took a nap. Laundry has also been in process all day, woo-hoo!

This upcoming week promises to be busy, I'm looking forward to some more relaxation time this evening before the work week begins again tomorrow. Hope your weekend was fabulous!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kelly said...

64 & sunny? In Oregon? In March? What??
I do miss the tulips & daffodils...

It sounds like you had a busy weekend. The good busy though. Hopefully you're all rested up for the recorders! :)

Anonymous said...

64! How smoly! I can't wait until 64 feel cold :)

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Are you working on Laura to get a blog? What's her email address, I'll pester her :) I would love for her to join the bloggin' world

Have a great week

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Yea for you ... a wee bit of sun in your dark and dreary part of the earth.

And yes, I too am jealous of your bulbs popping up ... I was too exhausted from my crazy summer to do any planting this last fall and now I'm a bit sad about that. But this fall me and my little friend will be out planting bulbs.

Loves!