Tuesday, March 06, 2007

They're here...

The recorders that is...This weekend I did a full load of recorders in the top rack of my dishwasher. Today, I did round two. Hopefully this will be the end, as I will continue to disinfect in my room at school using bleach water. I like to give the recorders a fresh start each year and run them through the dishwasher first, then handwash for the rest of the unit.


I began recorders today with one 5th grade class. They were THRILLED. They did okay - not the best sound, but they remembered a lot from last year, so I'm hoping that it only gets better from here. :) If anyone is in the mood for a little recorder music, come on by!

Sunday morning I awoke with a severe sore throat. As the day wore on, it got better. Monday morning - same story. Today when I woke up, it wasn't as bad & got better throughout the day. After 2 days of singing & playing song games with 8 classes a day, & a 2 1/2 hour Messiah rehearsal last night, my voice was a little tired. Tim called tonight around 6:00 to say he was on his way home & when I answered the phone, I had no voice. For the rest of tonight, I've tried to be quiet (so hard for me) but the voice still seems to be away. Yikes! I had planned on teaching 2 new songs tomorrow by rote (I sing, the kids echo) so...I might need to adjust some lesson plans. It's going to be a quiet night around here...

Maybe we'll just play recorders all day tomorrow - heaven help me.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: