Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Snow Day!!

Every child dreams of it when they are in school. Every teacher wishes for it once in a while, and today, our wishes came true - we had a snow day!! This is the Magnolia tree in our backyard (taken yesterday).

This morning at 6:30 am my phone rang, and my friend informed me that we would be operating on a 2 hour delay schedule (which for us means, come as close to regular time as possible). So I got ready and got in the car. It took 45 minutes to get to school (a commute that normally takes 20). Once I arrived, I saw a 'no school' sign by the main entrance. I ignored it and walked into the office, where teachers were gathered around - smiles on faces - discussing the decision that had just been made that school would be canceled for the day. Since I was already dressed & ready I stayed for a while & worked - then came home.

With this extra day, Tim took me out to lunch. Then we went to the grocery store, came home & I made Chicken Chili. It turned out to be very yummy & now I have enough soup for 2 more dinners & lunches!! I also took the opportunity today to take a nap & decorate for Christmas. Whew - a lot of work for one snow day.

Tim & I are about to begin a tennis match on the Wii (his new toy) so I'm off to go bond over video games with my husband! :) Happy snow day to all!!! Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice surprise and it sounds like it turned out to be a fun day! I can't wait unitl we get some of that white stuff here...I want to take the kids out to play!

Kelly said...

I seem to remember Salem coming to a screeching halt when snow dusted the ground. Ice storms and floods they can handle but snow's a different story. :)
Glad you got a day off to relax!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the snow picture. I really miss the snow. The only time I get to see it now is in pictures. Christmas just isn't the same when it is 70 outside.

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Very cool my friend! Love that picture ... but I have to ask, did Tim take it, or you? :P

Glad you got a little "break" from the craziness of your school life. I want to see pictures of the house once all your decorating is up!

Unknown said...

Tim has a Wii?

man, am I out of the loop.