Sunday, October 21, 2007

My New Friend...

This weekend at my LSS (aren't I fancy?!?) Ali Edwards came to do a book signing. My biggest blog stalker told me about it so Tim & I decided to go on Saturday to check it out.

I had visions of long lines & waiting in the rain, in which case - I was going to back out...but to my great surprise we walked right in - they had delicious treats available & we found Ali right away. Not a lot of people were back with her at the time, so she signed some things for me (can't disclose what they were as some may involve Christmas gifts) & then we chatted. She also brought several of her mini books for people to look at so I looked through them while we talked. She hung out with us for about 15 minutes...even offered to get us coffee!! She was SO sweet & I had a GREAT time meeting her. So much fun.

Here is our photo... :) Tee-hee!


5 comments:

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Hmmmpphhhfff ... I'm pretty sure I sent you an e-mail on Friday telling you that very same news and I get no credit?!? Well you did call me and offer for me to talk to her so I'll forgive the oversight ;). Did you know she's also teaching a class in Eugene tomorrow night? I didn't know if you'd be up for that kind of adventure on a weeknight, but I hope your stalker goes ... Ali is such a wonderful person and her classes are so great. I'd be a tad bit jealous if I didn't have my own Ali & Me picture. Glad you had a fun time!

Kelly said...

How fun! And how nice that Tim went with you! :)

Erin said...

Um, I believe when you were in PHX, I said Ali has on her blog calendar that she'll be at scrap fever Oct 20...so really, I win that race!
Very cool though. I just finished her new book last night. I too have an autographed copy, but it came in the mail from cocoa daisy and did not get to meet her in person, so I have no pic with her...sad....you should scrap it!

Anonymous said...

So cool!

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

New post, new post ... although you and Ali are pretty stinkin' cute!