Monday, October 15, 2007

Good News & Bad News...

Tonight at choir - this is the phrase Nicole used to greet me: "I've got good news & bad news. I'll give you the good news first."...

The good news was she finished my birthday present & it was sitting on my chair waiting for me - the bad news? Well, we made a deal in August (when it really was my birthday) that I would still be 29 until Nicole gave me my present - so I guess I'm now officially 30. :)

Last month Nicole presented me with a card telling me happy birthday 29 & 13/12. Such a funny girl.

The gift was worth the wait...she made me a scrapbook of 30 reasons why she loves me. Ironic as I suggested just a few weeks ago for Erin's 30th that we do a list for a toast of 30 things we love about Erin. She was secretly laughing at me when I suggested this & I didn't know it...sneaky girl.

It's a beautiful book & it brought me to tears & in the middle of choir too - for shame. Here are a few glimpses at my wonderful book.









Thank you Nicole for the beautiful gift - I shall treasure it always (oh yeah, & I shall treasure you always too). :) Love you!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Okay, I am practically in tears now too!!! I love it. I absolutely love that its got the Nunc words in there.

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Ahhh, that Nicole she's a real gem isn't she? And talented to boot. I tell ya, fall cookie parties, a very special mini-book, thoughtful cards and gifts ... do you think if we make our way to Oregon some day that she'll be my friend too? ;).

What a great way to start the week!!

P.S. Shocking that I'm commenting again, isn't it? I'm trying to be better about it this week ;).

Anonymous said...

Happy first day of your 30's! Thanks for being the kind of friend that made it EASY to come up with 30 reasons - in fact, I could have gone on for days! Maybe I should start work on your 60th Bday present now so it will be on time...

Big smooches to you, Jess. You are the best. =)

PS to Mrs. Taddicken: Aren't we already friends? ;)

Erin said...

cheeseburgler? I mean really? She may know how to make a very sweet mini book and a great gift, but for helping you extend your "birthday girl" status well into october and allowing you to pretend your not yet 30....she really shouldn't humor you this much!

love the book! love you both!

Kelly said...

That is a great gift! It's so cute too!

Um, Andrea, what is this talk of making it to Oregon? No, no. I'll throw you a fall cookie party if it'll make you stay. I'll send you a card or two. Hey I did send you (ok, Ethan) KoolAid, doesn't that count? :)