Sunday, October 28, 2007

Being Brave...

Okay...here I go. I'm laying it all out here for you. I 'learned' how to crochet on Thursday afternoon. My friend Stephanie from school helped me & was very patient with me for a couple of hours as we made several chains & then she showed me how to do this:


So...can you tell which one is Stephanie's & which one is mine?! Yikes... The top one is hers, it's what mine (bottom) is suppose to look like. I had planned to work more on my blossoming skills this weekend, but did not. It actually entertains me that mine is so pathetic. I'm sure one day when I'm crocheting beautiful sweaters to sell for thousands of dollars I'll look back on this swat & laugh even more.

We've had a very nice relaxing weekend. I cleaned the house (REALLY well) on Saturday, then we made dinner & watched Fracture. Very entertaining by the way if you haven't seen it. Today was church, errands, naps, scrapbooking & this...

We picked up Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii at Costco & Tim spent most of the afternoon & some of this evening looking like this. :) I played once...it's way harder than it looks. I may need to stay home from school one day this week to catch up so he doesn't get too far ahead of me! Alright, I won't really...

5 comments:

Erin said...

he must be feeling better!
yeah for relaxing weekends and good luck with the crocheting...i just want you to learn how to crochet me some flowers for scrapping :)

Kelly said...

Good luck with the crocheting. Bethany's tried to teach me and Andrea's tried to teach me how to knit. So far, nothing. Maybe one day I'll be selling sweaters with you. Ha! :)
I really don't get the guitar game. What do you have to do? My boys are way too into Super Mario anything so that's all I hear about.

Anonymous said...

That crocheting comparison made me laugh! Kinda like my knittig learning experience with Andrea. She was very paitent!

Bethany said...

Your crochet looks like my knitting :) I just think crochet is so darn pretty, I think you'll love it once you get the hang of it! I should show you the afghan I'm working on!

Melissa said...

Okay, your crocheting was pretty bad. =) I am so gonna ask Kathryn if you are at school every day this week and if you are gone for even one day, I am gonna know why!!!