Sunday, August 05, 2007

Birthday Bash!!

What a wonderful day Thursday turned out to be. Nicole & I started the day with two trips to Starbucks on our way to the airport. Once we picked up Andrea, we headed to our 3rd Starbucks for the day for her. We hung out at Laura's house while we waited for Erin's plane to arrive. At the airport collecting Erin, we stopped at Starbucks again for a pastry & coffee for Erin. (Do you see a theme here?) Back on the road we began my birthday adventure. The girls had a terrific day filled with fun activities. We ended up in Portland on 23rd Ave. for a shopping spree. Erin made a scrapbook of 30 birthday challenges that I needed to fulfill by the end of the day (or day after - she & Andrea said I could have an extension...). :) The challenges were things like: Find an item that costs $30...find 30 colors of nail polish...find 30 pennies...take a photo of something with the #30 in it. I had my camera with me & started snapping away trying to complete my tasks during our shopping spree. Laura & the girls also joined us - so it was definitely girls day out.

After lunch, we went to Saint Cupcake for deliciousness. After a little walk, we hopped back in the car to drive back to Salem to get ready for the 'BBQ'. On our way home, we of course stopped at Starbucks one more time for tea. That makes 5 in one day...beat that.

Once home, I was appointed the cupcake retriever along with Andrea & Erin (Nicole aka my biggest blog stalker) had to leave to go to VA to play with some of her best friends from her masters program - we missed her. Erin & Andrea decided we should leave a little early & go to the park to take pictures. We (and by 'We' I mean Andrea) figured out how to work the timer on the camera so that all of us could be in the photo - we forgot to bring our photographer with us. :) After photos, we got a phone call saying the cupcakes were ready for pick-up. So...we headed to the Wild Pear to pick them up for the 'BBQ'.

Upon arrival at the Wild Pear, I was greeted by a 20 voice 'SURPRISE' as this was my surprise party - there was never a BBQ. At least we have 250 paper plates in case we do have a BBQ sometime... :) We had a WONDERFUL time at my surprise party, surrounded by wonderful friends, family, & delicious food. Thank you to Tim, Andrea, Erin, & Nicole for planning this wonderful occasion for me. I love you all so very much!!


Andrea, Erin & me

My girls

Princess Jessie Pants aka The Birthday Girl


...and we are you know...

Stay tuned for more adventures from the weekend, including how we locked the car keys in the ocean...yes, I'm serious.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: