Sunday, October 29, 2006

Weekend Review

This weekend we hosted a pumpkin carving party, and attended another one. Friday night, I made Pumpkin Bars (they were delish!) and we had a few friends over for some pumpkin fun. This photo is the result of that fun evening. Several of our friends brought over tasty fall treats as well and it was a wonderful evening filled with laughter, pumpkin seeds, and the warmth of friendship.

Saturday, I cleaned the house, we went to the grocery store, ran some errands, and then went to a Harvest Party. Tim carved two pumpkins at this event (I was still finished from the night before). When I say Tim carved them...I'm using that term very loosely. He LOVES to do the pumpkins and carved 4 this weekend alone. He makes a drawing on paper - then draws on the pumpkin, then turns on his magic. His pumpkins are always very artistic and inventive. In fact, last night, he had several people watching him instead of doing their own - they were very intrigued with his process.

Today, we went to a new church (we are currently church shopping) and after church went to lunch with some friends. After lunch, my good friend Amanda came over & we worked very hard on our circle journals. I'm happy to report that mine is now ready to go!! I also finished a purse this afternoon. I figured out that if I'm going to make all the purses I need for Christmas gifts, I need to finish one a week - whew - good luck to me!

This evening, Tim & I have been relaxing. He made a wonderful dinner (he's just the best...) and now I'm shifting my thoughts to the upcoming week & preparations for that.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend too - happy Sunday! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Those are some pretty sweet jack o' lanterns. Our family of three consists of a zombie, a "stack o' jacks" and a cute winking pumpkin. Quite the eclectic bunch. I was going to get a pic tomorrow night, but might have to get one tonight ... so much fun ...I too LOVE carving them, but with a two year old helping the process went a little faster this year!

So glad you had a GOOD weekend ... I'll call you tomorrow so we can catch up!

Andrea said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I was just thinking, with all that husband talk in that post, that I don't think I have ever seen your hubby? Got any pics of him you could share on your blog? Maybe a wedding one? :)