Sunday, October 22, 2006

Ode To Broccoli

This past summer I thought I would plant myself a little garden. I started from seeds that Tim gave to me & I planted Broccoli, Squash, Cucumbers, & Lettuce. No cucumbers came up, the lettuce was fine, the squash plants never produced, so this weekend when I was pulling out all of my disappointing vegetables, I realized that the broccoli had produced one broccoli. I was so excited - I ran in to show Tim. We decided to document the evidence & then promptly after this photo was taken, I ate it. :) It was delish - I LOVE broccoli (I know, wierd, but true) so I've decided that next summer, I will try again....maybe I'll get two broccoli's. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Bethany said...

That's the CUTEST little broccoli I've ever seen!

Andrea said...

(warning-this comment has nothing to do with this post :) )

Aren't jumping pictures the greatest. The real fun ones are the ones you did not post :) Too much fun. A little harder than you would think. I think we went through atleast 20 to get 1 good shot. Cute pictures!

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Okay, I must finally comment on the brocolli in hopes of getting a new post ;). I suppose if I actually could tell there was an edible piece of brocolli on there it would be the cutest I've ever seen too!

I will say you are too cute to watch getting into all things domestic ... including your cute little garden that brings you much joy!

Now on with a new post!!

dickie said...

^---- I have to agree. Not something I expected out of my girly-girl wife.

Kim said...

Oh broccoli
you were here for but a short time
and now you are in Jessie's stomach

the joy of your life
will now be remembered by all
until next fall oh broccoli
we love you

jeff and kim

Kelly said...

I thought of you and your love of broccoli tonight at church. We were playing a game with the junior highers that involved vegetables. Of course they were all grossed out and would not eat anything green without a dramatic production. But when it was over Carson picked up the broccoli and happily chomped into it. The kid loves vegtetables but the fact that tonight he chose broccoli made me think of your tiny little green tree. :)