Sunday, October 01, 2006

Another One Bites the Dust

I can't believe another weekend has come to an end. So sad - but Monday is quickly approaching. The weekend has been great though, and very productive.

Friday night Tim and I met some friends for dinner and socializing. I ended the evening at 9:30 when I went to bed, I was a very tired girl.

Saturday morning I went to coffee with my friend Amanda. Afterwards, we went in search of a new circle journal, neither of us were successful. Saturday afternoon was filled with a nap, work from school, and traveling up to Portland to visit my sister and have dinner with some good friends of ours.

Sunday (today) we both woke up with colds. Bleh. So, today we grocery shopped, cleaned the house, finished laundry, finished work for school, paid bills, and made dinner. Whew - no wonder I'm tired again!

I also made some Split Pea soup (thank you for the recipe Andrea) for later on in the week when I don't feel like cooking. The house smells delish & we have lunches and dinners ready and waiting for us to use as needed.

I'm off to go wash and straighten my hair - that is quite a process you know for us curly haired people...happy week-end!

3 comments:

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Oh yes, I really really feel for you "curly haired" people who have the ability to take a shower, scrunch and go ... instead you choose to fight those beautiful curls (which I will never experience) by taking the time and effort to straighten it? Phhht. I just don't get it.

The split pea soup though, mmmm, I get that ... off to the grocery store to buy the ingredients!

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for another post to give you a hard time. Next time you email someone to tell them you started a blog, perhaps a link would be good!! Have you ever googled Jessie Adams?

Thanks to my super sleuthing and to Andrea's blog I finally located your blog, no thanks to you my dear!

MIss u!

Anonymous said...

Jess - I totally agree with your sadness at the end of a quick weekend....why can't we work two days and have five days weekends?

I have tried to start up my own blog, so keep your eyes open for the invite I sent to you. Hope to hear from you as well and it is fun to read about what is going on it your life! :0) LaLa