Thursday, October 05, 2006

Red, Red, Purse


Okay, so here it is, my latest knitting accomplishment. I couldn't discuss or post anything about it before, as it was a birthday gift for Erin. She received it yesterday, so I'm free and clear to discuss it now.

This summer Erin saw Andrea's pictures of her purses on her blog so Erin wrote Andrea to tell her that she would take one in red. I told Andrea that I would take care of that for Erin's birthday this year, so this summer I purchased all of the required materials & made the purse over these last few weeks, just in time for her birthday. To date, it's my favorite purse - I hope you get lots of use out of it Erin - & by the way, 'when is there enough red?' :)

My next project (for the weekend) is a li'l critter baby hat (like the one Andrea first made for Ethan - then decided to give to Max). I made one of these for my newphew & he loves it. In fact, he is coming to visit this weekend (he's 7 weeks old) so if he wears his hat, I'll try to get a photo to share with you later. Anyway, I'm making another one for a friend of mine from choir. By Sunday I hope to be on my way to making the clutch purse that Andrea's making. She promises that it's easy...I let you know what I think when/if I finish it. :) More knitting pics to come - stay tuned!!

6 comments:

dickie said...

Ha! Always trying to steal my thunder. Erin, I spent four long days knitting this for you, all she did was put it in the mail! *cry*

Kelly said...

I LOVE the red! I was thinking of buying a brown one from Andrea but the red is cute too. Hmmm...this is why I have yet to get one! I can't decide!

Anonymous said...

I am incredibly disappointed in Jessie, a women who holds such great power and a supposed role model to the youth. It's no wonder our educational system is in it's current state. So instead of creating great lesson plans that will inspire our children and set their fragile little minds into deep thought and wonder this is what you do.. create more red stuff to clutter my home. TISK TISK! Oh the shame you should feel. No Price is Right for You!

Sincerely,
The guy who hates red stuff

Anonymous said...

I LOVE my new red purse! It's perfect! Thank you!

PS I am not to be held responsible for any posts you may receive from my husband!

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Oh it turned out SO cute!! Love the brown handles, they just set it off perfectly.

And I love all the influence I have on you and your knitting creations!

Hoping to see pictures of Elijah in his hat too!

Bethany said...

CUTE! Looks alot like the orange one Andrea gave me for my birthday... same inside fabric :)