Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Fun...

This year for Thanksgiving we were invited to the Smith family's house (the former home of Erin). I headed to sunny Arizona on Wednesday morning after working two 12 hour days in a row on Monday & Tuesday - bleh - the reward was getting to spend the night with my sister Tuesday night before flying out on Wednesday morning - we had a wonderful time...
Here's the quick synopsis of our trip:
I arrived in Phoenix on Wednesday afternoon to a wonderful 80 degrees with sunshine!! (I almost didn't recognize it).

Wednesday we played & hung out. Tim was already there so I had two greeters at the airport - nice.
Thursday was side dish day for Erin & turkey day for the rest of us. We had dinner at her parents house - pictured below...notice we ate outside!! How great is that!?!



Friday we went shopping (but not until around 11:00 am - hee, hee). We also played Christmas crafties...the button trees below & another project I'll show you in my next post.

Saturday we got manicures & pedicures then headed to Postino's for a late lunch with Erin's family. It was a relaxing & nice time to just hang out with everyone. Here is a photo of me & my love taken at the restaurant.

The rest of Saturday night was spent finishing Christmas crafties & hanging out. We found some time to take silly photos...here is just one of many.

Thank you Erin, Shawn, & family for welcoming us for Thanksgiving. We had a truly wonderful time. Wish you lived closer...
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving! Like the new look of the blog too!

Erin said...

love the new blog look! I'm probably going to borrow this idea....nice pics too!

Andrea said...

Again, SO jealous :). It looks like you had a wonderful time, which you deserve after the last couple years. An nice break from it all with warm weather and great friends. I wish Erin lived closer too ... oh the fun we could all have (and I would invite her to the movies if we went). *Maybe* a trip down that way will be in our future ... and then it better get about 10 posts worth of fun on your blog ... got it?

Sarah said...

I can't believe how creative you are! You need to stop teaching and open a shop of your own. Then I can come visit and you can teach me to be as creative as you! :) Oh...and the shop can open at 11am and have a Starbucks kiosk inside. Sounds like heaven! :)