Monday, November 12, 2007

Copy Cat...

Many of you know that I am a self-proclaimed craft copy cat of this girl & this girl. Today, I've chosen to copy cat this girl. I've been in love with her glitter pumpkins ever since she told me about them & then I saw the photos on her blog. So CUTE!! And being the princess of glitter, how could I resist?

Today after saying goodbye to my in-laws...I took myself to Michael's to look around. I was able to obtain these pumpkins at 70% off & the glitter magic was priceless, of course! :)

I thought about waiting to post pictures until they were set in their places, but I couldn't. So you lucky readers get to see the 'just finished product' & tomorrow I'll try to take photos of their new home inside.




And now on to the weekend. Thursday night my in-laws arrived from the other side of the state. I got home late, so I didn't see them until Friday. Friday night we had a 3 hour dress rehearsal for our concerts that we performed on Saturday & Sunday.

On Saturday, Faith & I went in search of some fall decorations - we didn't find any but we ended up having a great time looking at things & then hanging out at our house knitting. She was going to show me how to knit socks, but in the end I chickened out & decided I should finish my sweater first...plus I don't have the right needles. Faith is going to send me the correct needles & give me a lesson on a weekend when we have more time. Saturday evening...concert.

Sunday was church in the morning, then a concert in the afternoon - then a delish dinner at Red Robin with Tim's family & friends, then to Target. Yay for Target. Last night we also watched The Prestige. Tim & I had seen it before but it's such a captivating movie, it was great to see it for the second time. Very suspenseful.

This morning after saying goodbye to Richard & Faith - I went to Michael's, cleaned the house, glittered pumpkins & now....not sure what I'll do. I did get 'fun mail' again today. My Studio Calico kit arrived & it looks grand! I plan to play with it in a little bit.

Lastly, but certainly not least, thank you to all of our veterans who have served. We are blessed to have several veterans in our family & to them, I offer a special thank you for serving our country with dignity & for making our family very proud. This weekend our concerts were centered around Veteran's Day & I was very proud to be a part of some wonderful music thanking these wonderful people for the sacrifices that they & their families made for our country.

Happy Veteran's Day!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Sorry I didn't get to make it to your concert this weekend! Mike was gone hunting and I went to Molalla with the boys. Can't wait for Wednesday!!!

Erin said...

love the pumpkins! They were definitely worth the soggy, windy trip to get them!
I did some Christmas crafties last night...will post later when I'm not late to work!

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Sounds like a crazy weekend ... I'm glad you had Monday off to get in a little bit of fun time ;).

We were sad that you were booked up with concerts, I'm *pretty sure* we would have shown up on your doorstep if not for the people in our bed there and your busy schedule ...

Boo-who for us!