Sunday, December 09, 2007

New Post, New Post, Move Down...

Here I am again - posting a few days later than I meant to. Ah well. :)

This week/weekend has been interesting. For starters, this week I took 75 students to sing at the capitol building. The next day, I had a dress rehearsal for a performance with 93 4th graders. The day after that, I did two performances with those 4th graders for their program. Whew! Then Friday came & not a moment too soon.

Tim surprised me & came home early on Friday - very sweet of him to pull all of those strings to make that happen. Yesterday we meant to be a low-key day, but instead it turned into errand day. We spent most of the day in the car running about town & out of town but at least we were together. Last night we went to a local pizza place that I've always wanted to try. The food was good & afterwards we played Pirate mini-golf. They had black lights, 3-D, & sound effects as we made our way through the course - it was pretty cute. We earned 12 tickets for our golf game (yes Tim won by 3 points) & took them to the kid area to play some games. We had a great time with ski-ball, & various other 'kid' games. We redeemed our tickets for a ninja, army man, & some pirate stickers with a pencil. It was a very fun, carefree evening.

Then, my body decided it had had enough for the week & I started feeling crummy. That has lasted through now - where I sit still in my jammies. We missed church, I wasn't able to go with Tim to help with a fund raiser for our choir. The good news is that I'm starting to feel better. I think my system was just telling me 'ENOUGH' & so I listened.

I don't know what the evening holds for plans, so maybe I'll check in again later & provide you with some pictures...happy Sunday to all!

6 comments:

Bethany said...

I sure hope you feel better by tomorrow! It's good to listen to when your body tells you "Enough", expecially if it means extra time in jammies!

Bethany said...

OK, I really do know how to spell especially... and I say it right too... I hate when people say "expecially"!

Erin said...

uh oh! I hope you don't get too sick! Maybe you just needed to sleep. Besides, I'm all for jammie time!

Kelly said...

You've been BUSY! I'm glad things will start slowing down for you...at least at work.
Sounds like you guys had a fun Saturday. I hope you're feeling better after your day of rest. Hey, that's what Sunday's supposed to be anyway right? :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't even imagine a day with that many grade-schoolers! You must have been tired!

Your day with your hubby sounds like a fun day! I love my kids to death and wouldn't change having them for the world but those days when you can just hang out, just the two of you, all day and do whatever you want are priceless. Cherish them!

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Well I'm glad that week is over for you and you're on to a new one. And this week your hubby is home so it's got to be SO much better, right?

And yes, PJ day is wonderful ... we celebrate it several times a week, especially when we're sick ... bleh!