Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Weekend Update...

Well it's over & so is my summer - tomorrow the kids come back to school. Today I put the final touches on my classroom & I'm officially ready for them! Do you remember how you were both excited & nervous at the beginning of the school year? Well even as a teacher that feeling doesn't go away. I already know I won't sleep very much tonight & tomorrow morning I'll wake up bright & early ready to start this much anticipated day. I will have 8 classes tomorrow - so I'll be 'hitting the ground running' so to speak. Teaching year #6 here we go...

These photos were taken yesterday. We went up to Dundee to go wine tasting with our dear friends Tom & Mary. Tom will be celebrating his 70th birthday in a couple of weeks & so we took the opportunity to celebrate early with them in what turned out to be a beautiful & super fun day.


Flowers in the garden at Argyle


The four of us...


This turned out to be the only damper to the weekend. I received my first ticket - ever! :( Poor me - that's what I get for speeding on a holiday. And to make the story even better (& true) I was on the phone with my father as the officer was pulling me over. Great...
According to Nicole your 30's are for things you've never done before...I hope I don't do this ever again. I'm just thankful he didn't double my fine as I was in a construction zone...I don't even want to think about that...
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Okay, do tell. Where were you speeding at and what agency pulled you over? =) I'm so sorry about the ticket! And Kathryn is thrilled to have music class again! She probably won't sleep tonight much either. It was great to see you today!

Bethany said...

Good luck with back to school... I do miss those first day jitters.
Some of my mom's family is originally from Dundee, it is so pretty there. Glad you had a good time in spite of the ticket.

girl said...

Hope your first day was fun! And, yeah- I have heard that Dundee is notorious for speeding tickets. :( I am sorry you had to get one.

The Arizona Blake Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Arizona Blake Family said...

I got my first ticket ever a couple of months ago too! It was one of those photo radar vans. I'm convinced if it had been an actual officer I would not have gotten one, I was going with the flow of traffic and others were going faster than me! Those flowers are so beautiful! I mis Oregon :)

Erin said...

I'd have to say I don't really feel sorry for you and the ticket...at least you don't have bloody photo radar everywhere!

Wine tasting and Argyle...YUM!

Kelly said...

Year #6 of teaching? Wow! How is time going so fast?
Sorry about the ticket. It stinks huh?

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Well minus the ticket it sounds like a lovely weekend ...

Good thing you had that piano lesson money to cover it though, right? ;P