Sunday, September 30, 2007

My Week At a Glance...

I feel like I just experienced my week at a glance. Whew! I'm very much enjoying my kids this year - each day proves to be a new adventure. We are having a wonderful time learning new songs, dances & games together. Since this is my sixth year at this school (seven if you count student teaching) I am very comfortable with the kids, my room, & my classroom management style. This in turn creates a much more relaxed music teacher & lots of fun/learning to be had by all!

This week we started Honor Choir with 100 elementary kids. I also began a 3rd grade choir where 80 kids showed up. I run it at recess time & the recess duty people told me only 25 kids were on the playground...that's because the rest were in my room. It was a LITTLE bit crazy, but they were so good & so excited that I can't turn any of them away...maybe they're on to me.

This week I will begin 4th/5th grade choir at both schools (I'm at one school all day & only teach choir at the other school). All of this plus leadership team create a busy schedule (not to mention my 18 classes twice a week) - but a very happy worker. :)

Sunday - Wednesday this past week Tim's dad was in town for a work convention. I came home from dinner with Jenny & Trisha Tuesday night to find the boys in the backyard (for hours) playing with lights & taking photos. Here is one of the photos from their adventure. I thought it turned out very cool - not sure how they did it, but neat-o none the less. Richard & Faith will be back to visit us again in November for our Veteran's Day concert with Master Chorus.



Thursday & Friday this week were spent working & getting ready to leave town. A very dear friend of mine, Linda, lost her husband to cancer a week ago. She & Dick (her husband) had asked a group of us from Willamette to come sing the Nunc (Chamber Choir's signature piece) for his life celebration service. The service was Saturday in Redmond, OR. It was a very nice service filled with words of hope & love about a man of God who lived his life to the best of his ability. It was such a blessing...
It was also an honor, as always to be able to sing with some of my dear friends from Chamber Choir. Although the circumstances were very sad we were able to sing together & make music as one of Dick's last wishes. I love those people & am so honored that we were able to serve Linda & her family in that way.

Not much to report for today. I spent the morning cleaning & preparing for the week. This afternoon Nicole & I went to Honey's house for a 'knitting bee' party. It was a great time of relaxing, knitting, eating snacks, & hanging out. Afterwards, I went to an AWANA meeting & then helped with AWANA. I'm hoping to head to bed sometime soon. :)

I just wish I had just one more day of weekend...
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Erin said...

Seriously, I was beginning to wonder if you dropped of the face of the earth! I'm glad you updated.

I was thinking about you all and Linda this weekend. I'm sure it was beautiful and tough at the same time.

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are a busy little teacher! How do you do it all??

Sorry to hear about your friend's husband. So sad!

Hope you have a great week

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness you are busy! I remember how much the kids loved the special choirs...especially when it was really cold out and they got to stay inside for recess. :)
Have a good week! Hope you find sometime to sleep. :)