Sunday, September 09, 2007

Our Weekend...

This weekend my parents came over to visit. Hooray! My dad & I have been trying to plan a deep sea fishing trip since May, and this was to be the weekend. I've been looking forward to this since May, as I've never been deep sea fishing before. My dad offered to take Tim, myself, Laura, & Mark & my mom offered to watch the girls while we were out at sea catching 'the big one'. Friday on their drive over, my dad called to say that because of wind gusts - they had canceled the fishing boats for the day & to be prepared for that to possibly happen to us. We were all disappointed, but decided to proceed as if we were still on. Saturday morning at 7:30 (yes, that's AM) I got a call from my dad saying the boats were out - & we were off. Our boat was to depart from Depot Bay at noon. Remember that delightful little place?! I was determined to hold tight to my keys...

About 5 minutes before we arrived my sister & mom (who were in a car ahead of us) called to say that they had canceled the afternoon boats due to rough waters. Bummer!!! I was so sad - maybe next year I'll get to go. We'll keep trying...

We decided to make it a family day (great idea) & went to the beach to play, but not before buying some much needed sand buckets for the girls (or Tim) to play with. :)

We headed down to the water where the girls & Uncle Tim played for 1 1/2 hours. It was freezing down at the water with the wind gusts. If the wind hadn't been blowing - it would have been about 74 degrees & sunny - instead it felt like 52...bbbrrrrr! The girls had a wonderful time playing in the freezing water & completely soaking their clothes. Thankfully Laura had thought ahead & brought them each a change of clothes for after the water time.

After we were played out (or frozen out) we went to the outlet malls. I found a new black dress (love it), a white shirt, & some pants all for great deals. After shopping we had dinner. We went to sushi & Laura discovered that she did indeed like sushi. My mom ordered Chinese food (she knows she doesn't like sushi) & the rest of us ate until our hearts were content with sushi goodness. It was such a wonderful day spending time with my family. A rare occasion these days when we can all be together for the whole day (yes Hamilton girls, I'm a bit jealous of you sometimes). :)

Here are some pictures from our adventures. Happy week ahead to all!

Dad & Mom

Water babies

Little Miss Mia-Bia
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Sorry about the fishing trip but it sounds like it was a good day anyway.
Yes we know we are incredibly blessed to all live so close and be able to spend so much time together. But we also know how quickly that can change and one of us may be whisked away across the country. Maybe someday you'll all move back here. I'm sure your parents would be thrilled to be close to the girls (and any future grandbabies :)) Speaking of, I had a dream about you last night. I need to email you and tell you about it.
Cute picture of the girls!
Okay I'm done. :)

Anonymous said...

What a bummer! I bet that fishing trip would have been fun. That is great though that you all got to hang out as a family.

Erin said...

I am a sucker for a back to the camera, facing the water picture! Love it! glad you guys had fun despite the winds. Oh and good job keeping your keys on land this time around!

Kimberly said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend...that is a bummer about the fishing trip..that would have been fun. Glad that you were all able to spend time together though! I LOVE the picture of the girls holding hands...too cute!!

Melissa said...

Sorry about not being able to go fishing! But its a good excuse for another trip to the beach next year. Those girls are TOO cute!