Sunday, April 15, 2007

Wonderful Weekend

My previous post talks about how I was almost dreading my busy weekend - but what a blessing this weekend has been!!

You already know about Friday night - so I'll just share about Saturday & Sunday.

Saturday we went to Bill & Lindsey's for brunch. I hadn't seen them since July when Lindsey & I went out to lunch for both of our birthday's. (Lindsey is my good friend from my Master's degree program - they had a baby a year ago & live in Portland, so we don't see them as often now). We had a lovely time at brunch, it was so nice to spend time with them.

After brunch Tim & I went to the mall to look around for a bit. The new Bare Essentials store opened the day before & I was determined to check it out. I love Bare Minerals & I recently decided I needed to try their eye shadow. 1 hour later we walked out with my new eye shadow & a few less $$ in my pocket. 1/2 later I went back into the store & purchased some blush for my sister. So much girlie fun. Thank you Tim for being so patient with me in the store, even helpful to other customers!

Following the make-up adventure, I went to Laura's & Tim went to his best friend's house. Laura & I had a wonderful time together. We played with the girls, painted our nails (fingers & toes, & Nellie's fingers & toes), went to the grocery store, cleaned her house, folded laundry, cleaned up dinner dishes, went shopping, & went for a drink & appetizers at her favorite restaurant. It was a perfect afternoon/evening with my sister. We had silly chats, laughed too hard, & shared from our hearts. Thank you Laura for a fantastic day.

Today (Sunday) we went to church. I love Sunday's now. I never knew that I didn't look forward to church until we found our new one. We had a guest speaker this morning & the worship service was very uplifting. I am going to volunteer to be a part of the worship team if they'd like to use me. I'm excited to get involved.

This afternoon we took a quick nap & then headed back to church for what turned out to be almost a 5 hour class on the church history/membership class. It was informative & I enjoyed our time.

With such a nice weekend, I'm almost feeling refreshed enough to go face my week. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is the picture of you with your new make up? Is it worth the extra $?

I am glad you enjoy church now. I know what it is like to not have one you are happy with.

Michele

Bethany said...

What a busy little girl you are! I'm not big on make-up, but I know it's worth the $$ to get the good stuff.

I've been missing you, and hope to see you soon :)

The Arizona Blake Family said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Sometimes I wish I could go back to life without kids, but they are worth it! Have a great week!

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Ahhh, that does sound like a wonderful weekend!! As busy as you thought, but it sounds like your soul was filled up with lots of goodness ... I love that feeling of being re-charged. Can't wait to check out the Bare E store ... could be dangerous ... can that be my birthday present? A shopping spree there? ;)

Kelly said...

When you talk about places around the area, it almost makes me miss it! Especially the church! I'm so glad you found it and love it! It's a great place!