Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Chef Jessie Presents...

Sauteed Chicken with Marsala

Tim & I have decided to do more cooking from the Sonoma Cookbook. At the beginning of the school year I was following this cookbook very closely & lost 10 pounds. My sister started it in January and has lost 22 pounds to date. So...I've decided I'd better get back at it for the spring. :) Tonight, I made Chicken with Marsala. I served it with whole grain angel hair pasta, spinach, and fresh strawberries & pineapple. Mmmm!!


4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I used 2 since that's how many I was feeding)
1/4 t kosher salt
1/8 t freshly ground pepper
1 T extra-virgin olive oil
1 T finely chopped proscuitto (I left this ingredient out...)
4 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 C dry Marsala
1 C chicken broth
2 T capers
2 T chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 t chopped fresh sage

1. Season chicken with kosher salt & pepper. In a large skillet heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender & no longer pink, turning once. Transfer to a serving platter; cover & keep warm.

2. In the same skillet combine the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil, the proscuitto, & garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add Marsala. Bring just to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 4 to 5 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Add chicken broth, capers, parsley, & sage. Return to boiling; boil gently about 8 minutes or until reduced to 2/3 cup. Return chicken to skillet; heat through.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Mmmm ... looks good, but I bet it would have been AWESOME with the chopped proscuitto ;). Good job to you getting back into it ... but I have to warn you, we'll have to be cooking separate meals or you'll have to take a break while us processed flour and sugar lovin' folks are with you ;).

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Me likes the new banner ... very springy ... reminds me that mine needs a updating too! Who knew you were so creatively talented on the computer ;).

Kelly said...

I've never heard of that cookbook but when I read Andrea's comment about the flour & sugar, I knew it wasn't for me. :)
We also had fresh strawberries and pineapple yesterday! It was so good! Another reason to be glad spring is here!

Bethany said...

Oooh... yummy! I love capers, I'll be trying this one soon :)