Monday, December 18, 2006

I'm Still Here

Wow! Time flies when you're having ...fun? Where to begin...

Last week was filled with children lit up like Christmas trees with anticipation for break & the upcoming holidays. It was not an easy task to teach last week, but I think I accomplished a little bit of teaching. I am THRILLED to be officially on 'Christmas Break' now. I know, I know, most of you don't want to hear it, but it is a
definite perk to the teaching profession.

This past weekend was spent in dress rehearsals & concerts. We did 3 performances with our choir (Tim & I) & I also had a solo. The pressure got to me a little bit Sunday afternoon, but after some changes in my thought processes, the concert Sunday night was great. :) (Thank you Nicole & Tim for your helpful insights). Our wonderful friends Tom & Mary and Ben & Amanda came on Saturday night to the concert. Tom & Mary took us out to dinner for Tim's birthday (which is the 20th) & then stayed the night to do Christmas with us. They always bring Christmas gifts for the 2 kitties as well. The cats loved their new toys & we were very happy to have Tom & Mary stay at our house for the evening.

My sister came down to the concert Sunday night & we had a great time playing afterwards. She came down alone (I don't think that's happened for 3 1/2 years) & spent the night. We exchanged Christmas gifts & took photos. I'll post photos later. It was so nice to be able to chat with Laura & just hang out.

Today was my official start to break. I slept in, went to Starbucks with Laura. Came home, picked up the house - then went to an hour massage (*sigh*). Afterwards, I came home & wrapped Christmas presents while I waited for my former roommate Erin M. to come over.

I hadn't seen her in 2 years, so it was great to catch up. I will also post photos from that visit later. (Basically, I'm confused about how to load photos to the blog now that I'm in the Beta - Tim, help me - please!!)

So, that's the synopsis of my past week and a half. Stay tuned for photos - coming soon to a blog near you...

1 comment:

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

And because I'm feeling bad that all of your lurkers have been rude and left you ZERO comments, I'll give you some lovin' on this one too!