Friday, May 29, 2009

LOOK!!!

Look at what I got today!?!? A NEW CAR!! Oh my goodness. I'm so excited.

Some of you may be aware that last summer when Tim got his new car - we decided to try to sell his old one on our own, yep, right before the economy went down - nice timing. So...he's tried for months & months to sell it, with no success. We've talked about trading in my car (Ford Escape) & the Passat in order to get out of it. So this is where our story starts:

This morning, Nana & decided to head down to the church to drop off some items for them to sell at the rummage sale. While we were out, we decided to run a few errands since Ella Bella was sleeping. We went to the bank, post office, Starbucks, & car wash. After the car wash, I decided we should go to Costco to get gas & look at a Volvo in the lot next to it that Tim & I had seen a few days ago. Skip ahead a few hours & Tim was on the lot looking at this Volvo instead of the first one we had seen - this one is much nicer, bigger, & is SO pretty... :) Nana, Ella, & I went back to the dealership so I could test drive it. I liked it too - so Tim stayed behind to do paper work & see what they would offer us.

Nana, Ella, & I headed home to meet Jim & Nicole who were coming to visit. Tim called to say it was ours if we wanted it, so we decided to go for it. Jim offered to play car shuffler for us - so we very appreciatively let him. Thank you again Jim for driving there, coming back, driving there, & coming back! :)

Here's what Jim & Tim drove home...2005 Volvo XC90


We may have had to go the grocery store on the other end of town tonight to get a few things... :)

And a picture of Ella looking at her new ride...

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Camille said...

I love it! The car, and especially Ella's face. :)

Laura said...

Wow!!!! Cool car! Can't wait to take it for a spin! =) And such a cute niece I have!

Erin said...

Such a fancy car my dear! Looks nice. Glad you guys were able to get rid of the Passat!

Bethany said...

How funny! Jeff and I will be buying an XC90 in the next few months (as soon as exactly what we want comes onto the lot), keep me posted on how you like it. I have absolutely loved the XC70, but have been wanting a little more room. (And don't you be speculating why, I'm sure Andrea has filled you in!)
Oh, and since I've been so terrible about posting any comments lately, I have to tell you that Ella just gets cuter with every picture you post. I can't wait to meet her!

Kari said...

NICE! That is a definite mom car - but a stylish and practical one. :) Hope to see you on Sunday!

joles family said...

Nice wheels! And very safe too! I know you think about the safety rating now too. I think is part of the "parent hormones" after having a baby. I am sure Ella approves.

Melissa said...

Wow! I love it! So did you end up trading in the Passat and the Escape then?

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Fun, fun ... Can't wait to go for a drive with you ;).