Thursday, August 28, 2008

Here it is!!

The pictures of my classroom! I finally got it just where I *think* I want it today...and truthfully if students walked in tomorrow - it would be ready. Although, I'm sure I'll change several things before Wednesday when they actually do come in.

So this week I went back to work - just teachers, no kids yet. I've had lots & lots & lots of meetings, but also lots of time to work in my room. My sister came in on Monday to help & she did so much for me - I am blessed. Here is a glimpse at my new room!


This bulletin board will be finished by the kids on the first day - it will be a mural, created by them from the characters in the book Tales of a 4th Grade Nothing...which will be the first read aloud...


Here are the beautiful curtains My Andrea made for me - aren't they the greatest!! Again, I am so blessed...


Side view of the classroom (notice the disco ball? I couldn't help myself - it had to come with me...)


Library book basket & board that I 'scrapped' over the top of the chalk board. Now I will use it with magnets for posters, info, etc.

That's all for now...
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Laura said...

looks awesome Jess! Especially the chalk/ magnet board! =)

Bethany said...

It is so cute and it gives me butterflies in my belly!

Unknown said...

Wow! It looks wonderful, Honey!!!! You and your slaves have done a great job! The kids will appreciate the tone you are setting and learn all the more. I am very proud of you. Love, Mom :)

Erin said...

looks good my dear! Much more like a real classroom than the last time I saw it!

Kelly said...

It looks great Jessie! I love it! Can I be in your class? Better yet, move back here and teach 2nd grade next year. :)

The Arizona Blake Family said...

That's the cutest classroom I've ever seen! The kids must be fighting to be in your class!

Melissa said...

Those are the cutest curtains I've ever seen! And I love the scrapbook board! I can't wait for Kathryn to tell me all about her first day!!!