Saturday, January 22, 2011

Valentine's Decor

I am always sad when it's time to take down the Christmas decorations. So...a few years ago, I instituted the rule that as Christmas comes down - Valentine's must go up. Something has to keep this house looking cheery through the January blues, right? Right.

I've had a lot of fun this year decorating upstairs AND downstairs for February. I made several new items & of course, had to purchase a *couple* of new things to fit in here & there too. :)

One of my new pretties is this picture below. I made one for up here & a smaller one {4x6} XOXO for downstairs - love them.

Several years ago, Miss Erin made me this adorable candle & I look forward to putting it out each year. This year it has center stage in the kitchen. I give you - the love tray.

And this little gem I'm the most excited about. I used my new scallop punch {that's what I wanted to tell you earlier today Erin - I got one too!!} to punch out lots & lots & lots of 'flooours' {as E calls them}. Then I used my beloved Cricut to cut out hearts. Now this is where it gets fancy...I went to the sewing machine {are you proud yet Andrea?} and stitched them together with that & the help of my husband {he kept the line coming straight out as I was feeding into the machine}. Lots of work for this little piece of happiness, but happy it makes me indeed. It now lives above our kitchen window.

Closer view:

I am already in process of making more of these. I don't think I've had enough yet. I'm not sure that Tim will like it if I drape the entire house in garland...but it's worth a try - right? :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Very sweet my friend. I need to make a few small 'yarn balls' this weekend and mine will pretty much be finished. I'll take a picture for ya ;).

P.S. All three trees got taken down today ... and I'm SO okay with it. See, just leave it up long enough and you won't feel sad :D.

Family of 5 said...

AWw...lovin' the V-day decor...so great!! I am quite envious of all you cricut owners... I really think I need one of my own! :) I also just got finished making a few decoration thanks to some crafty blogs...since I am so not creative! I just put pics on my FB page..:) Lovin' the LOVE! :)

Erin said...

Well, you're ahead of me. I have four little bowls of lovely punched goodness, yet I haven't stitched it together yet....I may or may not have been distracted by wreath making....