Is named Deacon. He is adorable - & slightly spoiled. I decided to make a list of things that he does to entertain us. Ally entertains us too - but she acts more like a real cat. You'll see what I mean...(and yes, Kelly, this post will be just about the cat - sorry). :)
1. Deacon likes to be on the computer. Every time I sit down to check e-mail, check blogs, etc - he's here putting his paw on me & meowing to come up. He's actually doing it right now. You may remember this...
2. He follows me everywhere I go. Seriously. I have a habit of not sitting down when I'm at home & this little guy will follow me
around from room to room as long as I'm on the go. When I do sit - he's right there to jump up into my lap - which leads me to the
next point -
3. He LOVES to be petted. At any cost - really. He will let you pet him for as long as you allow. One day this past summer I decided
to see just how long he would stay - after an hour & a half, I was done & he still wanted more. (That's right - I don't have anything
better to do in the summer than to do experiments on petting my cat - how great is that?!!?).
4. He sleeps like a person. He likes to put his head on my pillow & get under the covers with his front paws sticking out - ridiculous.
5. He's recently discovered Spongebob. We have a little yellow toy that he has decided belongs to him. The thing is - he won't play
with it while you're looking. Tim has tested this theory by putting it near him & standing back. Deacon won't touch it. However, as
soon as we leave the room - he does this...
6. He comes when you call him. Just like a dog. Every time. I'm not exaggerating.
7. He loves popcorn. As soon as he hears the kernels start to pop - he comes running. He usually likes to eat between 7-9 pieces.
8. He does not love to take a bath. He howls & whines the entire time.
9. He sighs out loud when he's about to fall asleep. As if to say 'this is the life'.
10. He plays fetch. We have a toy that spins plastic discs into the air & if you're lucky, he will go get it & bring it back to
you. He does this 3 times maximum - then he's done.
11. He's a mama's boy. I have no idea how this happened. Okay, maybe some idea...
12. He's terrified of our adorable nieces. Whenever they come over - Deacon hides under the bed. A few months ago, he hid for 23
hours...because they spent the night - scardy-cat.
13. He misses Erin. After dropping her off at the airport last Sunday, we returned home to find this - waiting for her on her pillow. I'm sure he was also longing for 'Aunt Nicole' too. He loves his auntie.
This cat is too fun. He's probably as close to a dog as we'll come.