Sunday, March 08, 2009

It's Official...

...and the secret is finally out - Nicole & Jim are engaged!!! 

Last weekend was Nicole's birthday. Beth & I along with now fiance Jim - planned a surprise for her that beats all surprises. Jim told us about 6 months ago of his plan to surprise Nicole for her birthday & propose. Beth & I's job was to distract her & act like we had plans to keep her busy all weekend, while not spoiling anything. It's been very hard to keep my trap shut for these past 6 months from one of my closest friends - I'm so glad that I can finally say it now - they're engaged!! :) Jim & Nicole did a fabulous job of recounting the story on their blog - so for a better & more detailed account of what happened, check it out  here

Nicole 'dialing out' at the Pittock Mansion (before the surprise)...

Jim & his boys serenading Nicole with the song 'Blue Eyes'....

The Pittock Mansion

The proposal overlooking the city at the mansion:

Congratulations Jim & Nicole! We are thrilled for you both & pray that you will be blessed in your journey to marriage & beyond. Lots of love to you both!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Thank you! I can't believe you girls held your tongues for so long. That's one for the record books. Having you guys there made it absolutely perfect, and I love you for all that you did to make it an unforgettable day. So...what should we do next year? :P

Kelly said...

What a great story!